Current Notices & Job Openings
The City of Barberton provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Current Job Openings
Seasonal Employment Opportunity: Must be 18 years old
Instructions to apply for seasonal employment: Complete the Seasonal Employment Application and the FCRA Disclosure and Authorization Form and return both documents to the City of Barberton Municipal Building at 576 W. Park Avenue, Room 102 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Parks Seasonal Employment Opportunity: Must be 18 years old
Barberton Parks and Recreation: 500 W. Hopocan Avenue, Barberton, OH 44203
Application Deadline: May 15, 2021
Pay: $8.80 - $13.00 – Pay rate will be determined based on job title and experience
Time Frame: May- September 2021
Work Schedule: Estimated 25-30 hours per week. Seasonal workers may seek up to 40 hours week pending department needs. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Seasonal Parks Employee will assist in the planning, implementation and execution of recreational programs in The Barberton Parks and Recreation Department. Seasonal employees will work with programs including Youth programs, Summer Concert Series, Sports Complex, and Special Events. Employees will be expected to attend trainings associated with their job responsibilities, which may include paid travel.
- Assist with the execution and implementation of youth programs
- Assist with fundraisers and special events
- Assist with youth and adult sports
- Perform administrative duties associated with the Barberton Parks front office and senior center
- Experience with youth, paid or volunteer
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings/weekends
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Background Check
- May be required to lift and move equipment up to 30 pounds
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Experience or interest in boating/watercraft activities
- Management or supervisor experience
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter and three professional references to:
Samantha Edgar, Special Events Coordinator at email@example.com
Current Exam Notices
No open exams